Leading the way
Crestron has been leading the way since its establishment nearly 50 years ago. If you are interested in superyachts, the name Crestron obviously rings a bell. But did you know that Crestron Electronics is also the go to company for office automation and communications technology solutions? It is estimated that 90% of all the Fortune 500 have some type of Crestron-based solution in their facilities. The company is known in a lot of different markets for combining best-in-class technology, close working relationships and an elegant, connected lifestyle. These assets transfer seamlessly to the Marine business of course, where Crestron creates contemporary solutions for the modern luxury superyacht. From flawless control and distribution of audio and video, to seamless integration of lighting, shades, climate, and navigation systems, Crestron provides an elegant, connected lifestyle of comfort and convenience at anchor, in the marina, or at sea. The technology allows its users to live well, without compromise and with complete peace of mind.
Flexibility and reliability
The amount of technology on board of a yacht is astounding. Systems onboard are always designed to go beyond the expectations of each individual client. And yet at the same time, every system in a yacht is designed around an ultimate flexibility and reliability, ensuring media and content are available on all oceans around the globe, and of course that everything works flawlessly all the time. In essence, superyachts are the pinnacle of technology.
With Crestron, you are in complete control of how systems onboard perform – and look. Crestron controls are as flexible as the automation systems they command. Simply put, Crestron systems can be as unique as the yachts are. Better still, Crestron uniquely offers the ability to seamlessly integrate ship-related services and systems such as crew calling. With Crestron, you have a partner that designs, manufactures, and supports the full spectrum of marine systems in one all-encompassing system.
• Lighting Combine dimming and color-tuning to provide the perfect ambiance in every room and space.
• Shades Transform any space into a more spectacular one with silent, motorised shades. Available in stunning designer fabrics, from blackout to transparent, and with a choice of elegant complementary hardware.
• Climate Maximise comfort in every room and space across the vessel with absolute ease of control.
• Audio Distribute different music to different areas of the vessel at audiophile sound quality.
• Video Optimise the viewing experience with one tap, whether watching cable TV, streaming a movie, or playing a game. And always in the latest, best image quality available.
• Touch Screens and Keypads Control everything onboard in style and with just a tap. Choose from a wide variety of control devices featuring the most stunning designs in the industry.
• Remotes Communicate, control, entertain, and play at the touch of a button. Waterproof models even dive in with you.
• Security Enjoy the peace of mind that comes with enterprise-grade security
• Navigation and Destination Track the route, monitor weather, and prepare for your destination, from anywhere onboard
With the recent launch of a Crestron Marine Program, Crestron is destined to make waves in the marine automation market and set a new course in the very specialised marketplace. The program, a major accomplishment of Crestron’s Marine division, provides huge advantages to shipbuilders, specifiers, and Electrical Technical Officers (ETOs). They get access to a list of dealers with special status, who are guaranteed to provide optimal service.
Crestron started its Marine division just over a year ago as a spin off from the residential division. “Marine, especially the superyachts where we have a lot of experience, are a discerning sector with specific needs,” explains Daniel Kerkhof, Director Crestron Marine.
“On one hand, superyacht owners want to stay up to date with the latest and greatest technology. On the other hand, the standards and requirements change fast, and often call for new investments. The Marine division allows us to answer to these specific needs.”
In his role, Kerkhof spearheads business development and the Crestron Marine Program, which offers its Authorized Marine Dealers, superyacht specifiers and ETOs an unprecedented new level of support. “This unique market segment deserves a unique approach. R&D and support are in the DNA of Crestron, and this new program will guarantee that dealers, owners and crew receive the service they deserve.”
For instance, one of the unique aspects of Crestron as a company is the fact that we have a global scale, and warehouses everywhere. When a spare part is needed for a yacht that currently is on the other end of the world, we make sure we send the parts for them straight to the yacht from the closest warehouse.
Are you already active in the superyachting space and would you like to know more about our programs? Always feel free to reach out to us.
For more details visit www.go.crestroninfo.com/tv www.crestron.com/Marine