At the helm
• Austraila – Tom Slingsby – helmsman and CEO (Olympic gold medallist, America’s Cup winner and World Sailor of the Year)
• China – Phil Robertson – helmsman (World Match Racing Tour winner and world champion)
• France – Billy Beeson – helmsman (four-time Nacra 17 world champion)
• Great Britain – Dylan Fletcher – helmsman (Olympian and world champion)
• Japan – Nathan Outteridge – CEO and helmsman (Olympic gold and silver medallist)
• USA – Rome Kirby – CEO and helmsman (America’s Cup winner)
The F50 is a redesigned, supercharged incarnation of the AC50, which was used for the 35th America’s Cup in 2017. Developed by pioneering technicians and engineers at Core Builders Composites in New Zealand, these super-fast wing-sail cats are, given ideal conditions, expected to break the 50-knot (60mph/100kph) barrier.
Coutts added: “We are aiming to be pioneers of new technologies and boat design and, with every crew on the same groundbreaking F50 catamaran, this isn’t a tech arms race, rather the ultimate test to establish the best sailing team in advanced foiling catamarans”
• Loa: 15m (49.2ft)
• Beam: 8.8m (29ft)
• Wing height: 24m (78.7ft)
• Sailing weight: 2,400kg (2.4tons)
The final in Marseille – 18-22 September
The final in Marseille will feature a winner-takes-all, $1 million championship match race between the season’s top two teams to conclude three days of racing.
The plan is for practice racing on 18-19 September, followed by three fleet races on 20 September, three fleet races on 21 September, then a further two fleet races capped off with a feature match-race finale between the season’s top-two teams on 22 September.
Racing in Marseille will take place in the Rade Nord, in front of the seawall outside the famous Old Port of Marseille and the Grand Port Maritime de Marseille with daily racing from 1400-1600.
Team bases in Marseille
The six competing teams will set up their technical team bases in Port Corbière.
Remaining 2019 event schedule
• Cowes, UK (10-11 August)
• Marseille, France (20-22 September)
SailGP has partnered with BWA Yachting, a leading marine agency services company, to manage and deliver SailGP Adrenaline Yachts – a premium superyacht experience for the new global sports championship final in Marseille.
For those who want to witness the intense, high-speed races from the comfort of their own superyacht, SailGP Adrenaline Yachts membership grants a premium position on the racecourse perimeter in a designated superyacht viewing area.
Membership will also include access to an exclusive tour of the team bases and an opportunity to meet some of the world’s top sailors, complimentary merchandise, and closing party tickets.
For SailGP Adrenaline Yachts membership details contact Laura Esteve at email@example.com